- 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 6 Image Processor
- UHD 4K and Full HD Video Recording
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.2" 1.04m-Dot 180° Tilting Touchscreen
- ISO 100-51200, Up to 11 fps Shooting
- 209-Point Hybrid AF, Eye Detection
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Body Design and Connectivity
- A large 3.2" 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a 180° flip-under tilting design, which benefits front-facing selfie captures, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a 1.02x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image.
- Single SD memory card slots supports up to the UHS-I protocol for quickly storing photo and video files.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL25 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 300 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported when using the optional EH-73P charging AC adapter.
Other Camera Features
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you combine several exposures into one frame for creative effects.
- Special Effects Modes: Night Vision; Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- Creative Picture Controls: Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy, Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary, and Carbon.
- In-Camera Image Editing: Distortion Control, D-Lighting, Image Overlay, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick Retouch, Red-eye Correction, Resize, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, Trim, and Trim Movie.
- Language Support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Nikon Z50 Specs
|Lens Mount||Nikon Z|
|Sensor Type||23.5 x 15.7 mm (APS-C) CMOS|
|Sensor Resolution||Actual: 21.51 Megapixel
Effective: 20.9 Megapixel (5568 x 3712)
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
|Image Stabilization||Digital (Video Only)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 51200 (Extended: 100 to 204800)|
|Shutter Speed||Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
1/4000 to 30 Second
1/4000 to 30 Second
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Highlight Weighted, Matrix, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||-4 to 17 EV|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 11 fps at 20.9 MP
Up to 5 fps at 20.9 MP
Up to 4 fps at 20.9 MP
Up to 30 fps at 8 MP
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p
|External Recording Modes||UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) up to 120p
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto/Manual: 100 to 25600|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input (Stereo)
|Audio File Format||AAC, Linear PCM|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Full-Time Servo (F), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 209|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-2 to +19 EV|
|Viewfinder Type||Electronic (OLED)|
|Viewfinder Resolution||2,360,000 Dot|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||20 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 1.02x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-3 to +3|
|Display Type||180° Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Fill Flash, Off, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction|
|Guide Number||22.97' / 7 m at ISO 100|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/200 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +1 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||iTTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)|
|Connectivity||USB Micro-B (USB 2.0), HDMI D (Micro), 3.5mm Microphone|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 85%|
|Battery||1 x EN-EL25 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.6 VDC, 1120 mAh (Approx. 300 Shots)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.98 x 3.68 x 2.36" / 126.5 x 93.5 x 60 mm|
|Weight||13.93 oz / 395 g (Body Only)|
|Package Weight||2.33 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||7.9 x 7.1 x 5.3"|
In the Box
- Nikon Z 50 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
- DK-30 Rubber Eyecup