- 20.1MP 1" Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* f/2.8-4.5 Lens
- 24-200mm (35mm Equivalent)
- UHD 4K30p Video with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- HFR Mode for Full HD Video up to 960 fps
- 0.39" 2.36m-Dot OLED Pop-Up EVF
- 3.0" 921.6k-Dot 180° Tilting Touchscreen
- Fast Hybrid AF System with 315 Points
- ISO 12800 and 24 fps Continuous Shooting
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot tilting LCD now features a touchscreen design for intuitive operation, including the ability for working with Touch Focus, Touch Pad AF, and Touch Shutter functions. The screen's tilting design, which goes from 180° upward to 90° downward, also suits photographing from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Pop-up 0.39" XGA OLED electronic viewfinder offers a resolution of 2.36m dots for crisp, clear imagery. The EVF also uses a ZEISS T* coating, to ensure clarity from corner to corner, and has a one-push access design for more convenient switching between the LCD and EVF.
- A manual control ring surrounds the lens and features a smooth, click-less design for quick and quiet changing of settings. The ring can be assigned to control a variety of features, at different values, including zoom and aperture.
- Custom button and other programmable button can be set to one of over 40 functions for quick access to commonly used settings.
- Pop-up flash will help illuminate subjects in dimly-lit scenes.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables instant transferring of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices, with no complex set-up required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and, using Smart Remote Control, remotely control the camera's shutter release. Additionally, connection to a smartphone using a QR code is also possible.
- Bluetooth connectivity, via the PlayMemories Mobile app, also allows you to embed location information into both stills and movie files for geotagging.
Other Camera Features
- Anti-Distortion electronic shutter can enable completely silent shooting as well as the ability to work at shutter speeds as fast as 1/32000 second. This shutter also keeps rolling shutter effects to an absolute minimum and enables photographers to work in bright light with wider apertures.
- The Fn menu can be accessed and edited immediately after continuous shooting, while data writing is still in progress.
- File name setting allows users to change the first three characters of the file name from DSC to three characters of their choice. Additionally, images shot in continuous mode can also be displayed, reviewed, and deleted in the groups they were shot for faster operation.
- Step Zoom lets you quickly change between five common focal lengths (24, 28, 35, 50, or 70mm) by rotating the control ring.
- Eye AF in AF-C mode will lock on and tack a subject's eye, even as the face moves.
- Users can set a minimum shutter speed when using ISO AUTO to help minimize shutter blur.
- Creative Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, and Style Box.
- Picture Effect modes: Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-Key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
- Picture Profile parameters: Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Depth, Color Phase, Detail, Copy and Reset.
Sony DSC-RX100 VI Specs
|Sensor Resolution||Actual: 20.9 Megapixel
Effective: 20.1 Megapixel (5472 x 3648)
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Sensor Type||1" CMOS|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
|Focal Length||9 to 72mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 200mm)|
|Digital Zoom||4x Maximum (32x Combined Zoom)
2x Optimized (16x Combined Zoom)
|Maximum Aperture||f/2.8 to 4.5|
|Focus Range||3.15" to Infinity / 8 cm to Infinity (Wide)
3.28' to Infinity / 1 m to Infinity (Telephoto)
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 12 Groups|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 125 to 12800 (Extended: 80 to 12800)|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter
1/2000 to 4 Seconds in Auto Mode
1/2000 to 30 Seconds in Program Mode
1/2000 to 30 Seconds in Manual Mode
1/2000 to 30 Seconds in Aperture Priority Mode
1/2000 to 30 Seconds in Shutter Priority Mode
1/32000 to 4 Seconds in Auto Mode
1/32000 to 30 Seconds in Bulb Mode
1/32000 to 30 Seconds in Program Mode
1/32000 to 30 Seconds in Aperture Priority Mode
1/32000 to 30 Seconds in Shutter Priority Mode
|Metering Method||Average, Center-Weighted Average, Multi, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature Filter, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 24 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 233 Frames (JPEG)|
|Special Options||Fireworks, Food, Handheld Night, Landscape, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Portrait, Sports, Sunset|
|Recording Modes||AVCHD/MP4/XAVC S
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/240p/250p/480p/500p/959.94p/1000p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50i/59.94i
HD (1280 x 720) at 25p/29.97p
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)|
|Audio File Format||AAC LC, AC3, Dolby Digital 2ch, Linear PCM (Stereo)|
|Viewfinder Resolution||2,359,296 Dot|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +3|
|Display Type||180° Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Flash On, Off, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync|
|Effective Flash Range||ISO Auto
1.3 to 19.4' / 0.4 to 5.9 m (Wide)
3.3 to 10.2' / 1 to 3.1 m (Telephoto)
Up to 40.7' / 12.4 m (Wide)
Up to 23' / 7 m (Telephoto)
|External Flash Connection||None|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick Duo Hybrid|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB Micro-B (USB 2.0)|
|Battery||1 x NP-BX1 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 3.6 VDC, 1240 mAh|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4 x 2.3 x 1.7" / 101.6 x 58.1 x 42.8 mm|
|Weight||10.62 oz / 301 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|
|Package Weight||1.185 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.15 x 4.7 x 3"|
n the Box
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VI Digital Camera
- AC Adapter
- Micro-USB Cable
- Wrist Strap
- Strap Adapter